All authorized items will be inspected prior to entering the flight line. In order to reduce the time required for inspection prior to access into the flight line area, it is recommended that spectators minimize the number and size of authorized items.
The following items are permitted:
- Cell phones, tablets
- Small fanny packs and purses
- Cameras and camcorders (owners should not load film prior to entering the show area as they may be required to open all compartments at Security Checkpoints).
- Camera bags (will be searched upon entry)
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs (chairs in bags subject to search)
- Umbrellas and sunshades (should not exceed 40” arc size)
- Baby bags and strollers, if attending with an infant or small child (Strollers are not permitted in the grandstand area. Adjacent stroller parking is available).
Baggage/Carry-on Restrictions and screening:
The following list of prohibited items will be posted on all flyers, ECP and inspection areas. Amnesty containers with instructions in English and Spanish will be placed at the screening area to dispose of any unauthorized items prior to entering the event.
- All weapons (regardless of permit) including: Firearms, knives (including pocket knives and multi-tools), martial arts gear and walking sticks (except for handicap use) and all other items the Security Force deems dangerous. Any confiscated items will not be returned.
- Mace, OC, CS or any chemical weapon
- All illegal drugs and or paraphernalia, including marijuana (medical or recreational use)
- Glass bottles, jars or containers
- Flammable liquids or substances
- Fireworks, flares or pyrotechnics
- Propane or natural gas bottles or cylinders
- Large bags (larger than a large purse or diaper bag), backpacks, equipment cases, containers or luggage of any size
- Any pets, except for service animals (service animals require documentation of registration as a service animal)
- Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine or liquor)
- Gas and charcoal grills
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, roller skates, in-lines, hide-away, roller blades and hover boards
- Drones or any remote controlled aircraft, vehicles or toys
- LASER pointers or other LASER devices
- Motorcycle or gang-related clothing or attire, colors, patches or any display of inappropriate materials or items. Anything which depicts or supports hatred, racism, prejudice or violence
- No Outside Food or Beverages with the exception of baby food or formula
- CB, SSB, FM, FRS or GMRS radios (two way) and scanners
- Political activism, pamphleteering, speeches, placard/banner displays, and similar activities will not be allowed. Anyone who engages in these activities will have their permission to visit the installation withdrawn and will be subject to prosecution under applicable laws.
- Ice chests or coolers. While ice chests/coolers are NOT permitted an exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- Tents, portable or temporary awnings, cabanas, umbrellas (No Larger Than 40” Arc Size)
Smoking (cigarettes and e-cigarettes)
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the flight line in the vicinity of aircraft, vendor tents or chalets. Please smoke in designated areas only. Anyone smoking outside of the designated areas will be directed to the smoking areas
- Unattended bags and packages will be removed from the premises and not returned
- Neither strollers nor wheelchairs will be available for rent at the Air Show.
- We strongly recommend sun protection, including hat, long-sleeved shirts, long pants and sunscreen.
- Water will be available throughout the Air Show area at many vendor locations.
- Wear comfortable footwear; the flight line is paved and you may walk long distances.
- All vehicles are subject to search at Security Forces discretion.
Please keep in mind that your safety is our primary concern. Remember the following important safety tips:
- Uniformed Security Personnel are there to help. Follow all instructions from Uniformed Security Personnel.
- Very few things on our flight line are soft to the touch. Most things are made of metal and have lots of edges on them. Keep your eyes focused in the direction you’re walking and be aware of low-hanging (and flying!) aircraft components.
- Medical personnel are on call to render assistance to anyone that requires it. Notify any Uniformed Security Personnel or Air Show worker if you or any member of your group requires medical attention.
- Pay attention! Watch where you are walking. Trip hazards are everywhere. Stay aware of your surroundings and watch for moving vehicles.
- Drink water…stay hydrated. Water will be available throughout the Airshow Area. If you are drinking alcohol, please drink in moderation, as alcohol can cause dehydration. Do not rely on sugary drinks for hydration.
- Plan for noise. Jets can make lots of noise, so we strongly suggest bringing earplugs or ear protection – especially for the little ones.
- Plan Ahead.
- Find out where you can get medical aid or seek assistance, if you need it.
- If you are in a group and you get separated, where will you meet?
- If you have children with you, make sure they know how to get help if they get lost. Please stop by the information booth if you have children.
- We will make every attempt to lessen delays while entering or leaving the Air Show.